How to install Vario G-Shock Compatible Strap Adapters | The VARIO Guide
This is a compatible adapter to modify your G-Shock so that you will be able to use Ballistic nylon straps for better fit, comfort and durability. This G-Shock modification will bring a new lease of life to your Casio watch.
Allows Casio G-Shock watches to be used with 22mm and 24mm or straps. You will be able to use 22mm but there will be some play.
Works with Casio DW5000, DW5200, DW5300, DW5300CV, DW5600/GW5600, DW5610/GWM5610, DW6100, DW6200, DW6500, DW6900/G6900, DW9052, G2500, G7900, G8900, G100/GA100/GD100/GDF100, GA110, GA120/GD120, GA400, GA700, GG1000, GA2100, G8900, G9100, GW9200, GL7200, GLS5600 and many other (but not all) G-Shocks that feature 16mm lug width. Based on customer feedback, 5600, 5610 series are difficult to install and GD350, GX56, G9300, GW9400 needs a trim on the adapters to fit. Our compatible adapters does not work with G9000, GA1000, MRG and GST series. If your model is not listed above, please contact us to check if our adapter works on your G-Shock before you purchase to avoid disappointment.
Many G-Shock that can accept a standard 16mm spring bar should be compatible. It might be difficult to fit the adapters for some G-Shock models hence we will supply 2 thinner spring bars which will make it easier to install the adapter onto your G-Shock for most cases as there is more room to wiggle. If that doesn't work, you might need to cut off or file off abit of resin on the adapter to fit. (marked red in picture) Check out video below. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're unsure of how to install the strap.
How to fit the Casio G-Shock Compatible Strap Adapters
1. Remove the standard polyurethane strap using the spring bar tool provided and use back the removed spring bars to attach the adapter (or use our thinner spring bar supplied if the original spring bar is hard to snap into the lug hole)
2. Slide one end of the spring bar into the lug hole
3. Use the spring bar tool and push the spring bar inwards so it comes into contact with the inner side of the lugs.
4. As you will not be able to see the spring bar hole on one side, it is little tricky to get the spring bar in place. Once you get the spring bar into the lugs, use the springbar tool "Y" end to push it in until you hear a click. (use our thinner spring bar supplied if the original spring bar is hard to snap into the lug hole)
5. To make sure the spring bar fitted the lugs hole, try pulling the adapter to make sure it is secure before slotting the strap.
6. Hold on to the adapter and slide in one end of the strap through one side of the adapter
07. Pull the strap to the desired position and slide the remaining strap through the other adapter and you've installed the strap unto your G-Shock!
Check out this video from My Affordable Watch Collection to learn how to install our adapters unto your GA120
Check out this video from Watch Distractions to learn how to install our adapters unto your GW-B5600
Check out this video from Watches Galore to learn how to install our adapters unto your GD-350 (learn where to trim your adapters around timecode 2:00)
Check out this video from Perth Watch to learn how to install our adapters unto your GW-9400 Rangeman (learn where to trim your adapters around timecode 1:55)
Pro Tip: If you're worried about scratching your watch, apply small pieces of scotch tape on lugs before you work on it. :)
We hope you found this article helpful. Have questions or comments? Send an email to email@example.com.
For the full range of Vario's strap kit compatible for Casio G-Shock please visit https://www.vario.sg/collections/nato-g-shock
You might also be interested in these articles
How to accessories your G-Shock with Vario's straps
6 Customers' G-Shock with Straps that we Like
G-Shock Adapter Kit Customer's Testimonials
Choosing a Watch Strap | Elastic vs Seat Belt vs Ballistic vs Twill